Jurrassic Camping Weekend @ Woodyhyde Campsite
Jul 15 – Jul 17 all-day
Woodyhyde Campsite Tel. 01929 480274
Jul
Sat
all-day Festival of 1000 bikes
Festival of 1000 bikes
Jul 16 – Jul 17 all-day
Free entry parade session for Rob North and Prody Triples Contact: Joe Johnson 01695 624373 Club contact: Dougy Beardsall membership@tr3oc.com
Jul
Fri
12:00 pm TR3OC Paul Fields Derbyshire Rally @ The Miners Standard Pub
TR3OC Paul Fields Derbyshire Rally @ The Miners Standard Pub
Jul 22 @ 12:00 pm – Jul 24 @ 12:00 pm
TR3OC Paul Fields Derbyshire Rally @ The Miners Standard Pub
Our 2nd TR3OC Paul Fields Peak District 2022 rally is from 22nd to 24th July 2022. This will be held at The Miners Standard. Bank Top. Winster, Derbyshire DE4 2DR This rally is in memory of[...]
Facebook
"

46 year wait…

Home Forums Which Triple do you ride? 46 year wait…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Ian Weslake-Hill Ian Weslake-Hill 2 months ago.

• Author
    Ian Weslake-Hill
    Ian Weslake-Hill
    Participant

In 1976, I promised myself the best looking British bike on the market for my 21st birthday. Forty-six years later… …box ticked…

This is not one for the originality purist, having 32mm CV Mikunis in place of the dear old Amals, peashooter exhausts, Boyer ignition, alloy wheels and a (oh dear) vinyl wrapped tank in the less fashionable burgundy/black, my obsession is no longer unrequited and my new(?) love, HK5653, fully meets my personal longing – ahem, sorry, requirements.

The picture shows that I am indeed an unashamed old rocker nearing my 70th year, with my original 1970s biker jacket, Harris boots, Kiwi open face, gauntlets and the obligatory silk scarf. No midlife crisis for me – I never grew up beyond 21…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Michael Prentice
    Participant

Nice one mate…. never be in a hurry to grow up 🙂

Ian Weslake-Hill
      Ian Weslake-Hill
      Participant

Fully concur! Now… …should I buy a Yam FS1E next…?!

nigel wheatley
    nigel wheatley
    Participant

excellent – now you need to get out and get it dirty!

Pea-shooters do suit the T160s in both looks and extra mid-range pull.

Ian Weslake-Hill
      Ian Weslake-Hill
      Participant

Already done, buddy. Caught for three minutes in a downpour on Tuesday meant three hours of polishing the alloy to remove water stains.

And yes, peashooters suit both the T160 proportions and the mid range pull (just like a beautiful woman can wear a bikini or a suit of armour – the aesthetics will always shine through).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.