46 year wait…

Home Forums Which Triple do you ride? 46 year wait…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ian Weslake-Hill
      Participant

In 1976, I promised myself the best looking British bike on the market for my 21st birthday. Forty-six years later… …box ticked…

This is not one for the originality purist, having 32mm CV Mikunis in place of the dear old Amals, peashooter exhausts, Boyer ignition, alloy wheels and a (oh dear) vinyl wrapped tank in the less fashionable burgundy/black, my obsession is no longer unrequited and my new(?) love, HK5653, fully meets my personal longing – ahem, sorry, requirements.

The picture shows that I am indeed an unashamed old rocker nearing my 70th year, with my original 1970s biker jacket, Harris boots, Kiwi open face, gauntlets and the obligatory silk scarf. No midlife crisis for me – I never grew up beyond 21…

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Anonymous

Nice one mate…. never be in a hurry to grow up πŸ™‚

Ian Weslake-Hill
            Participant

Fully concur! Now… …should I buy a Yam FS1E next…?!

nigel wheatley
            Participant

excellent – now you need to get out and get it dirty!

Pea-shooters do suit the T160s in both looks and extra mid-range pull.

Ian Weslake-Hill
                Participant

Already done, buddy. Caught for three minutes in a downpour on Tuesday meant three hours of polishing the alloy to remove water stains.

And yes, peashooters suit both the T160 proportions and the mid range pull (just like a beautiful woman can wear a bikini or a suit of armour – the aesthetics will always shine through).

Ian Weslake-Hill
                Participant

Maybe I should write this under “Technical” on the Forum, but…

Would anybody like to know how, when attending the North Wales & Cheshire Area’s shindig on 18th June, my T160 achieved 71mpg on the ride up there from Cardiff, 64mpg on the ride out, and then 62mpg on the return home?

Also, how this 67 year old rider survived 424 miles in one day on a standard T160 seat?

Now THAT’S a truly practical classic!

Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.