Upcoming Events
Sep
Fri
all-day 16th French Trident & Rocket 3 I... @ Angevine Région (Maine & Loire)
16th French Trident & Rocket 3 I... @ Angevine Région (Maine & Loire)
Sep 6 – Sep 8 all-day
16th French Trident & Rocket 3 International Rally September 6th, 7th & 8th 2019 The French Trident & Rocket 3 Club is organising its 16th Classic Triple rally in the Angevine Région (Maine & Loire)[...]
Sep
Fri
all-day Lakeland Camping Weekend 2019 @ Church Stile Farm Campsite
Lakeland Camping Weekend 2019 @ Church Stile Farm Campsite
Sep 13 – Sep 15 all-day
The TR3OC Lakeland Camping Weekend 2019. Location: Church Stile Holiday Park, Nether Wasdale, Cumbria, CA20 1ET     Friday night Barbecue, Saturday & Sunday Breakfasts supplied only by prior arrangement. Mention the TR3OC and your[...]
Oct
Fri
all-day Skegfest 11th -14th October 2019 @ Richmond Holiday Centre
Skegfest 11th -14th October 2019 @ Richmond Holiday Centre
Oct 11 – Oct 14 all-day
Received this from Paul Golding of South Lincs Branch of the TOMCC, anyone up for it? FAO TR3OC – . The last two years have been blessed with good attendance and great weather, 2019 see’s a[...]
Facebook
"

74 T-150 Headlight Switch Connections

Home Forums TR3OC Members Forum 74 T-150 Headlight Switch Connections

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Gareth Holder 3 months ago.

• Author

Gareth Holder
    Participant

Hi all, first post…

I am bringing a 1974 T-150, US version, back to life. I just fitted a new wiring harness on it and it’s mostly been going OK. However, the old three position headlight switch was toast, so I have a new one. Of course, the wiring diagram shows terminal 1 through 8,, with connections on 3,4 7 and 8, but the new switches have combined 3/4 and 5/6 connections. I’ve tried every way I can think of to connect this new switch and have everything work, but when I get it sort of nearly there, the coils and ignition are always “hot’ even when the key is out, which is clearly wrong. Removing the brown/blue hot wire from the headlight switch allows the keyed switch to work again, but I’m kind of lost and there’s probably a know tweak for this in this community. Any help will be really appreciated before I set the bike, the garage, and me on fire, in that order.

Kerrin Gautrey
    Kerrin Gautrey
    Participant

Hi Gareth.

The LP Williams site has instructions for this switch.https://www.triumph-spares.co.uk/light-switch-3-position-5-pole-lu31788-99-0563

Kerrin

John Nelson
    Participant

Those instructions say to not use the brown/blue wire so that must mean no park lights.

Almost never used park lights on a bike so not much of a loss. I think I may have set bike lights to “Park” more often by accident than on purpose over the years.

Gareth Holder
    Participant

Perfect. Worked a treat. Thanks !

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.