Upcoming Events
Jan
Sat
9:00 am CAROL NASH CLASSIC BIKE GUIDE WI... @ Newark Showground
CAROL NASH CLASSIC BIKE GUIDE WI... @ Newark Showground
Jan 11 @ 9:00 am – Jan 12 @ 5:00 pm
CAROL NASH CLASSIC BIKE GUIDE WINTER CLASSIC @ Newark Showground
Held in the grounds of the Newark Showground. A large covered display of classic and vintage bikes, including club stands. Also, a variety of vendors and an outdoor auto jumble with bargains to help you[...]
Feb
Sat
9:00 am CAROL NASH BRISTOL CLASSIC BIKE ... @ The Royal Bath & West Showground
CAROL NASH BRISTOL CLASSIC BIKE ... @ The Royal Bath & West Showground
Feb 1 @ 9:00 am – Feb 2 @ 4:00 pm
NOTE – Date change due to inclement weather What’s on Classic Bike Shows’ annual trip to the West Country is well known for the extravagant exhibitions put on by the local motorcycle clubs who go[...]
Feb
Sun
9:00 am Cogenhoe Swap Meet 2020 @ Cogenhoe Village Hall
Cogenhoe Swap Meet 2020 @ Cogenhoe Village Hall
Feb 23 @ 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Cogenhoe Swap Meet 2020 @ Cogenhoe Village Hall
MEMBERS ONLY FREE EVENT This is a member’s only auto jumble where you can bring and buy Triple parts and sometimes complete bikes. Those hidden gems and hard to find parts can sometimes be found[...]
Facebook
"

69 T150T project.

Home Forums TR3OC Members Forum 69 T150T project.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  j phillips 4 days, 22 hours ago.

• Author
    Andrew Lee
    Andrew Lee
    Participant

My Triple dream has come true!

As Payment for restoring a firends 80 T140V, i have aquired a matching numbers 69 T150T.

I am currently in the process of applying for a new log book (v5), is there anyway i can find out what the original registarion would have been? As i really want a age related plate.

Cheers,

Drew.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Warren Hodder
    Warren Hodder
    Participant

No .

I’m the best so I’ll get you a hot plate.

Personalised even!

Andrew Lee
      Andrew Lee
      Participant

If thats possiblle Warren, i’ll email you.

Martin Rawson
    Participant

If you talk to the DVLA and explain that you want to register the bike as a ‘Historic Vehicle’ and that as far as you know it originally had a U.K Reg. Then provide them with the chassis/engine number, they should check their computer system. (well they did for me) to try and get a match. If no match you will get an age related reg. They are very helpfull and guide you through the application process.

j phillips
    Participant

Nice project – the Club registrar may be able to tell you where the bike was originally dispatched from the factory which might give you a clue as to whether it ever had a UK reg. Whatever the outcome of that, if DVLA can’t turn up a reg no, then with a club dating cert they should give you an age related plate. I have always found them v helpful and, recently, quite efficient!!  There are some hard to come by parts missing off that one – esp rear mudguard and ’69 side panels are now getting scarce. The one I restored was EC03618 – so pretty close on the production line. Good luck with it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.