Upcoming Events
Aug
Sat
all-day 11th World’s Smallest Triple Meet
11th World’s Smallest Triple Meet
Aug 5 all-day
The 11th WSTM is starting from the meeting point coffee/restaurant Rantakelo about 2miles before Palkane on the side of road no. 11 at 12.06 o’ clock. About 150 miles ride on interesting small roads and interesting[...]
Aug
Fri
all-day GTR 11 – German Triple Run
GTR 11 – German Triple Run
Aug 18 – Aug 20 all-day
The 11th German Triple Run will take place in Weichselbaum by Weßling from 18th to 20th August. This is close to the exit Oberpfaffenhofen on the München to Lindau autobahn A96. As usual there will[...]
Latest Ads
  • There are currently no Ads to show.
Facebook
"

T160 head steady?

Home Forums Main Forum T160 head steady?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gary Westwater 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    mark davidson
    mark davidson
    Participant

I noticed after working on the T160 that there is no head steady or cylinder head brace to the frame. The frame has no lug for it and there is no part in the parts book for it? I know the T150’s have the two bracket style ones that bolt to the Intake rocker box as found on some earlier twins. Does anybody know why this was deleted? seems important but maybe not?

Gary Westwater
    Participant

Hi Mark,

I’ve seen it suggested that the geometry might have made it more difficult to find a good solution. If you visit the Club Facebook page and put “steady” into the search box you’ll come across some recent dialogue about this, which includes a comment about Rob Norths having steadies fitted to both types of engines.

Gary

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.