Upcoming Events
Apr
Sat
9:00 am The 38th Carole Nash Internation... @ Staffordshire County Showground
The 38th Carole Nash Internation... @ Staffordshire County Showground
Apr 21 @ 9:00 am – Apr 22 @ 5:00 pm
A flagship event of the classic motorcycling calendar, the Carole Nash International Classic MotorCycle Show is well into its fourth decade and is still going strong. Welcoming the very best that classic British motorcycling has[...]
May
Sat
all-day Endurance Legends @ Donnnington Park
Endurance Legends @ Donnnington Park
May 12 – May 13 all-day
Endurance Legends @ Donnnington Park
Endurance Legends returns to Donington featuring the UK’s only 4-hour classic endurance race, with additional races from Lansdowne Classic Series and GP Originals, and a number of star guests.  Hundreds of classic machines are expected[...]
Jun
Sat
all-day Coventry Motofest
Coventry Motofest
Jun 2 – Jun 3 all-day
Coventry Motofest
MotoFest Coventry 2018 Motofest Coventry is to stage time trialling at this year’s event, giving the go-ahead for the return of competitive motorsport to a UK city centre for the first time in almost 30[...]
Facebook
"

T160 choke cable

Home Forums Main Forum T160 choke cable

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by David Lord David Lord 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

andrew peterson
    Participant

hi all

can anyone tell me or know where I can find a diagram of how the T160 choke cable should be routed ?, however I try it the cable is very stiff and when attempting to put the choke on the cable just goes slack and doesn’t do much with the slides, or am I better removing it ?

David Lord
    David Lord
    Keymaster

These bikes seem to start well without chokes as long as the ambient temperature is above 10 deg C.  Below that I’ve found them more difficult to start without choke, in freezing temperatures they just won’t go without it.  So if that suits your riding habit I would bin the chokes.  This is based on my ownership of a T160 and a Rocket 3, both with standard Amals.

andrew peterson
    Participant

Thanks David I think I will remove them

Al Walker
    Al Walker
    Participant

Out of interest… With no choke happening, do you tend to open the throttle a little like the handbook suggests?

David Lord
    David Lord
    Keymaster

Al, you get a feel for this with experience. When the engine is stone cold I find it best to turn it over with the throttle closed and open it as the engine fires. When it is warmer, the throttle seems to need to be open a little.  This tells me it needs a richer mix when cold as you would expect.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.