Upcoming Events
Aug
Fri
all-day GTR 11 – German Triple Run
GTR 11 – German Triple Run
Aug 18 – Aug 20 all-day
The 11th German Triple Run will take place in Weichselbaum by Weßling from 18th to 20th August. This is close to the exit Oberpfaffenhofen on the München to Lindau autobahn A96. As usual there will[...]
Sep
Fri
all-day 14th French Trident & Rocket 3 I...
14th French Trident & Rocket 3 I...
Sep 8 – Sep 10 all-day
CLUB TRIDENT ROCKET 3 FRANCE 14th French International Trident & Rocket 3 Rally 8th , 9th and 10th September 2017   The Club Trident-Rocket 3 France is organising its 14h International Rally in the Angevine[...]
Latest Ads
  • There are currently no Ads to show.
Facebook
"

T150V oil feed pipe modification

Home Forums Main Forum T150V oil feed pipe modification

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Ian Bradshaw Ian Bradshaw 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author
    Ian Bradshaw
    Ian Bradshaw
    Participant

I have searched the forum for this but cannot find an answer. Is it worth the trouble modifying the oil feed to T160 spec. There is nothing in the clubs service notes about this modification. I have the engine stripped down at the moment.

Gary Westwater
    Participant

I believe it is, and Richard Darby mentioned recently that he does that change on all engines he builds. I first did it in 1981, and most recently last year. Richard ( 3D Motorcycles) carried out the work to the crankcase last time and I bought a T160 oil tank filter/outlet from LPW. If you’re in any doubt, speak to him before arranging.

Gary

Ian Bradshaw
      Ian Bradshaw
      Participant

Thanks Gary on both counts.

Roy Allen
    Participant

Hi Ian, As you have the motor stripped it is probably worthwhile doing the mod. The purpose of it is purely to deliver a greater quantity of oil to the crank when the engine is cold. To get the benefit of this your oil pump will also need to be in good condition (blueprinted), you will also need to fit the larger oil tank strainer from a later T160 (straight swap), and the larger flexible delivery oil pipe and union. Make sure that your oil pump also has the delivery port in the base plate opened up to match the new crank case drilling.

I hope this helps.

Cheers
    Roy

Ian Bradshaw
      Ian Bradshaw
      Participant

Thank you Roy for you input. I will be going ahead with the mod.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.