Upcoming Events
Jan
Sat
9:00 am Newark – CAROLE NASH CLASSIC BIK... @ Newark Showground
Newark – CAROLE NASH CLASSIC BIK... @ Newark Showground
Jan 6 @ 9:00 am – Jan 7 @ 5:00 pm
A kick-start to the new classic motorcycling year, the Carole Nash Classic Bike Guide Winter Classic returns to offer enthusiasts a chance to stock up ahead of a new riding season. Hundreds of trade stands[...]
Feb
Sat
10:00 am 38th Carole Nash Bristol Classic... @ Bath &West Showground
38th Carole Nash Bristol Classic... @ Bath &West Showground
Feb 3 @ 10:00 am – Feb 4 @ 5:00 pm
The Royal Bath & West in Shepton Mallet, Somerset, is the venue for the traditional Carole Nash Bristol Classic MotorCycle Show – an event that many deem as their favourite of the year. With a friendly atmosphere,[...]
Feb
Sun
9:00 am Cogenhoe Swap Meet @ Cogenhoe Village Hall
Cogenhoe Swap Meet @ Cogenhoe Village Hall
Feb 25 @ 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
The annual TR3OC swap meet where you can buy and sell triple parts.
Latest Ads
Facebook
"

T150T Kickstart spring

Home Forums Main Forum T150T Kickstart spring

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by David Lord David Lord 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    John Martin
    John Martin
    Participant

I’m having trouble installing the kick start spring on my 1968 T150T Trident. Every time I install the spring & then kick the bike over, the spring disengages from the pin on the inside of the gearbox outer cover. The inner end of the spring is installed in the correct position on the kick start shaft splines, according to the early on line workshop manual. It appears to me that the outside edge of the spring is making contact with the beveled end of the main shaft / kick start racket mechanism & putting a side force on the spring towards the inner cover, forcing the hook end of the spring to disengage from the pin. What am I doing wrong here?

Angus McLeod

Can’t really tell without seeing it. Any chance of a photo? Maybe you haven’t wound the spring tight enough.

John Martin
    John Martin
    Participant

I have not wound the spring at all. Should it be one complete revolution?

The spring is in the correct positon on the kick start spline according to the one line workshop manual.

David Lord
    David Lord
    Keymaster

yes, you need to wind it on one turn

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.