Upcoming Events
Aug
Fri
all-day Classic TT Week I.O.M. @ Isle of Man
Classic TT Week I.O.M. @ Isle of Man
Aug 24 – Aug 27 all-day
The TR3OC will be celebrating the 50th Anniversary of our iconic British triples at the 2018 Classic TT Races presented by Bennetts. TR3OC is organising a spectacular display of both road and racing triples together with[...]
Sep
Fri
all-day 15th French Trident & Rocket 3 I...
15th French Trident & Rocket 3 I...
Sep 7 – Sep 9 all-day
  CLUB TRIDENT ROCKET 3 FRANCE   15th French International Trident & Rocket 3 Club Rally 7th, 8th & 9th  September 2018 From Friday afternoon to Sunday noon 1968 – 2018 You are welcome to[...]
Facebook
"

t150 electric start conversion

Home Forums TR3OC Members Forum t150 electric start conversion

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by trevor schofield trevor schofield 6 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    trevor schofield
    trevor schofield
    Participant

hi all I read your article on the dealer converting a t150 to electric start at the end the dealer says he prefers the customer to provide the parts, this is why I am writing to save you some money

I have recently built a t150 triton in my kitchen and converted to electric start which will be ridden this year at bezumph the parts I used for the conversion I sourced from a genuine t160 from the usa except starter from lp williams

now after having 2 total knee replacements I thought I would do the same conversion to my t150 unfortunately I bought new copy parts from a reputable dealer I had hired a workshop the week after Christmas to do this project everything went well after the second day the bike was rebuilt ready to start  but decided to leave it till following morning upon flicking the switch clunk nothing turning it turned out the new reproduced alloy clutch housing was badly made and to big so when tightened it locked the clutch solid it took 6 attempts to grind the inside of the housing to get right as I didn’t want to take to much off at a time, fare enough it didn’t need to be totally rebuilt to try, but it was the best part of 10 hours to modify, I can hear you say I should have sent it back but when your hiring a workbench you cant wait 2 weeks for it to come back

what I would say if getting a garage to do it for you let them supply the parts then it isn’t going to cost you money

regards trev

John Rimmer
    John Rimmer
    Participant

Can I ask who supplied the reproduction clutch casing ? I’m considering converting my T150 to electric start although finding a clutch housing isn’t easy so repro may be my only option. I’d like to avoid poor quality parts if possible.

trevor schofield
    trevor schofield
    Participant

hi john

email me at trevair@hotmail.co.uk

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.