Upcoming Events
Jun
Sat
all-day Coventry Motofest
Coventry Motofest
Jun 2 – Jun 3 all-day
Coventry Motofest
MotoFest Coventry 2018 Motofest Coventry is to stage time trialling at this year’s event, giving the go-ahead for the return of competitive motorsport to a UK city centre for the first time in almost 30[...]
all-day Thruxton Circuit 50th Anniversar... @ Thruxton Circuit
Thruxton Circuit 50th Anniversar... @ Thruxton Circuit
Jun 2 – Jun 3 all-day
Thruxton 50th Anniversary Celebration from £12.00 Saturday 2 June 2018 – Sunday 3 June 2018   2018 sees Thruxton celebrate its 50th anniversary. To mark the occasion, a two-day event will celebrate everything Thruxton, with[...]
Jun
Sat
10:00 am Bob McIntyre Classic @ East Fortune
Bob McIntyre Classic @ East Fortune
Jun 16 @ 10:00 am – Jun 17 @ 4:00 pm
Bob McIntyre Classic @ East Fortune | East Fortune | Scotland | United Kingdom
The Bob McIntyre Memorial Classic Races Weekend 16th & 17th June 2018 Following the success of the Club’s first “Bob Mac” weekend last year (Triple Echo 229), members are invited to join us for another weekend of[...]
Facebook
"

t150 electric start conversion

Home Forums TR3OC Members Forum t150 electric start conversion

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by trevor schofield trevor schofield 3 months ago.

• Author
    trevor schofield
    trevor schofield
    Participant

hi all I read your article on the dealer converting a t150 to electric start at the end the dealer says he prefers the customer to provide the parts, this is why I am writing to save you some money

I have recently built a t150 triton in my kitchen and converted to electric start which will be ridden this year at bezumph the parts I used for the conversion I sourced from a genuine t160 from the usa except starter from lp williams

now after having 2 total knee replacements I thought I would do the same conversion to my t150 unfortunately I bought new copy parts from a reputable dealer I had hired a workshop the week after Christmas to do this project everything went well after the second day the bike was rebuilt ready to start  but decided to leave it till following morning upon flicking the switch clunk nothing turning it turned out the new reproduced alloy clutch housing was badly made and to big so when tightened it locked the clutch solid it took 6 attempts to grind the inside of the housing to get right as I didn’t want to take to much off at a time, fare enough it didn’t need to be totally rebuilt to try, but it was the best part of 10 hours to modify, I can hear you say I should have sent it back but when your hiring a workbench you cant wait 2 weeks for it to come back

what I would say if getting a garage to do it for you let them supply the parts then it isn’t going to cost you money

regards trev

John Rimmer
    John Rimmer
    Participant

Can I ask who supplied the reproduction clutch casing ? I’m considering converting my T150 to electric start although finding a clutch housing isn’t easy so repro may be my only option. I’d like to avoid poor quality parts if possible.

trevor schofield
    trevor schofield
    Participant

hi john

email me at trevair@hotmail.co.uk

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.