Upcoming Events
Jan
Sat
9:00 am Newark – CAROLE NASH CLASSIC BIK... @ Newark Showground
Newark – CAROLE NASH CLASSIC BIK... @ Newark Showground
Jan 6 @ 9:00 am – Jan 7 @ 5:00 pm
A kick-start to the new classic motorcycling year, the Carole Nash Classic Bike Guide Winter Classic returns to offer enthusiasts a chance to stock up ahead of a new riding season. Hundreds of trade stands[...]
Feb
Sat
10:00 am 38th Carole Nash Bristol Classic... @ Bath &West Showground
38th Carole Nash Bristol Classic... @ Bath &West Showground
Feb 3 @ 10:00 am – Feb 4 @ 5:00 pm
The Royal Bath & West in Shepton Mallet, Somerset, is the venue for the traditional Carole Nash Bristol Classic MotorCycle Show – an event that many deem as their favourite of the year. With a friendly atmosphere,[...]
Feb
Sun
9:00 am Cogenhoe Swap Meet @ Cogenhoe Village Hall
Cogenhoe Swap Meet @ Cogenhoe Village Hall
Feb 25 @ 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
The annual TR3OC swap meet where you can buy and sell triple parts.
Facebook
"

Rattle When releasing clutch from standstill

Home Forums Main Forum Rattle When releasing clutch from standstill

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  john neokosmidis 3 days, 11 hours ago.

• Author

bob moore
    Participant

Just went on first run on MK1 r3 after full redo,  all went well,  did 250 miles and got 52mpg runs great , noted a bit of a rattling noise when releasing clutch when taking of in first , clutch works well easy to find neutral , everthing in the primary side is new , no noise when clutch is engaged or released , just a rattle buzz noise when taking off as the clutch is being released , any ideas

Martin Rawson
    Participant

I would look carefully at either the chainwheel rivets or the clutch end cover rivets.

john neokosmidis
    Participant

Also check if the crankshaft sprocket is a tight fit.
    My triple was doing exactly that and i found out that the rattling was from there.
    The sprocket was a loose fit on the crankshaft.

bob moore
    Participant

I remember the sprocket wasn’t  exactly a tight fit on the crank , although I torqued it up tight , the noise started after about an hours riding when it got really warmed up , so i will take of the cover and see if it is still tight , did you replace the sprocket ?

john neokosmidis
    Participant

No i didn’t. I used loctite 660 to secure the sprocket on splines.
    I also discarded the sprocket nut washer (70-8785) and make a new washer on the lathe
    with a thickness of about 5mm. I secured the nut with loctite high strength thread locker. Obviously if i need to remove those items i have to warm them first.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.