Upcoming Events
Feb
Sun
9:00 am Cogenhoe Swap Meet @ Cogenhoe Village Hall
Cogenhoe Swap Meet @ Cogenhoe Village Hall
Feb 25 @ 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
The annual TR3OC swap meet where you can buy and sell triple parts.
Apr
Sat
9:00 am The 38th Carole Nash Internation... @ Staffordshire County Showground
The 38th Carole Nash Internation... @ Staffordshire County Showground
Apr 21 @ 9:00 am – Apr 22 @ 5:00 pm
A flagship event of the classic motorcycling calendar, the Carole Nash International Classic MotorCycle Show is well into its fourth decade and is still going strong. Welcoming the very best that classic British motorcycling has[...]
Facebook
"

Original Paint Color

Home Forums Main Forum Original Paint Color

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Ross Andrews Ross Andrews 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Frank Fonseca
    Participant

I’m new to the group, just having bought a 1974 Trident (American market). The tank, and oil reservoir covers had all been painted blue by a previous owner. I am trying to determine what the factory paint scheme would have been. The Trident badge on the side has a red background so my assumption is that the tank would have had a matching black/red paint scheme. I plan to get it repainted, but want to stick to original colors.

Kevin Bain
    Kevin Bain
    Participant

Hi frank,  i recently had my t160 repainted to original colours and I used good old Google to find pictures of original colour schemes, also found information on colour names and where to find them.

Ross Andrews
    Ross Andrews
    Participant

hi Frank,

A 1974 T150v is black with gold flashes for UK and export models, I agree with Kevin, use Google to find a good photo use that to colour match,

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.