Upcoming Events
Nov
Sat
1:00 pm 2017 AGM @ Marston Farm Hotel
2017 AGM @ Marston Farm Hotel
Nov 11 @ 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
This year’s AGM event will be held on Saturday 11th November 2017 at the Marston Farm Hotel, starting at 1pm prompt with a break in the middle for refreshments. For those that want to stay[...]
Jan
Sat
9:00 am Newark – CAROLE NASH CLASSIC BIK... @ Newark Showground
Newark – CAROLE NASH CLASSIC BIK... @ Newark Showground
Jan 6 @ 9:00 am – Jan 7 @ 5:00 pm
A kick-start to the new classic motorcycling year, the Carole Nash Classic Bike Guide Winter Classic returns to offer enthusiasts a chance to stock up ahead of a new riding season. Hundreds of trade stands[...]
Latest Ads
Facebook
"

Missing Person

Home Forums Main Forum Missing Person

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Chandler 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Huu-Chi Tran
    Participant

I wonder if any one knew of a person or company known as Triple Cycles and or Phil Pick.
    I wonder if he is still about and I knew him from about thirty years ago. Last memory was a visit but he was still a bit concussed having highsided one of his race Tridents.
    I have very fond memories of him and his workshop at the bottom of his garden off the Romford Road

Kerrin Gautrey
    Kerrin Gautrey
    Participant

Hi.

I don’t really know what has happened to Phil. For a few years he was a frequent contributor to Triples Online, but that became increasingly infrequent. His Facebook page shows a last post dated October 2015 & also says he had started work at Queen Mary’s college as an IT Assistant. I think the couple of big crashes he had may have contributed to his withdrawing from an active participation in motorcycling. It’s a shame, I miss his encyclopedic knowledge of all things triple related.

Kerrin

nigel wheatley
      Participant

i think he was at the last Cadwell Beezumph (2015?) not riding but selling some of his spares stock.

Jeff Mitchell
    Jeff Mitchell
    Participant

Interestingly, his Triples.Co.UK website has gone

I was looking for his ‘waking the sleeping beast’ list of tips today and there’s no sign of the site any more..

Does anyone have a copy of Phil’s list?
    Jeff

David Lord
    David Lord
    Keymaster

Here it is…

Mark Chandler
    Participant

I live near Phil in Romford, I got an oil tank off him about a year ago, he lives above his old shop in Ilford. He now won’t answer his phone to me because he owes me a new set of Hyde barrels and head !!

regards Mark

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.