Upcoming Events
Jul
Sun
all-day 12th World’s Smallest Triple Meet
12th World’s Smallest Triple Meet
Jul 1 all-day
The 12th WSTM is starting at 12.06 o’ clock from the meeting point cafe Ruskopirtti, in Otalampi and address is Vanha Porintie 661, 03300 Otalampi . About 150 miles ride on interesting small roads and interesting places.[...]
all-day Crich Tramway Museum Classic Bik...
Crich Tramway Museum Classic Bik...
Jul 1 all-day
Crich Tramway Museum Classic Bike Show
  Classic Motorcycle Event Sun 1st July @ 10:00 am – 5:00 pm This event is being organised in conjunction with the Vincent H.R.D Owners Club and sponsored by Derwent Waste Management, and is for motorcycles built[...]
Jul
Sat
all-day ACU National Road Rally
ACU National Road Rally
Jul 7 – Jul 8 all-day
ACU National Road Rally  There are two ways in which you can enter the National Road Rally, either on-line or by post. In order to enter on-line you must have a valid e-mail account and[...]
Facebook
"

Isle of Man Festival of Motorcycling

Home Forums TR3OC Members Forum Isle of Man Festival of Motorcycling

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by David Lord David Lord 4 months ago.

• Author
    Ian Bradshaw
    Ian Bradshaw
    Participant

Dear Members,

As you are aware, part of our 50th Anniversary celebrations of the introduction of our Triples will take place on the Isle of Man at the Festival of Motorcycling.

Unfortunately, a number of members were disappointed, and quite rightly so, that the club had not informed members of this event. Basically, the first they new about it was after the Press Release was issued. Hopefully I can explain the reasoning.

The Isle of Man Government, through Paul Phillips at the Department of Enterprises Motorsport Team invited the club to take a major part in the 2018 Festival of Motorcycling. We were asked not to give out any publicity for the event until the organisers of the Festival had issued their press release. This put the club in a difficult position. The organisers wanted to know what machines we would be displaying. The question was, how do we get machines without announcing to the world what is happening. The only way was to contact the owners of race machines that had a connection with the Isle of Man. Initially we were looking at 10 – 15 to display. Unfortunately, and this is probably my fault and  where the concerns of members arise. I asked the organisers, could we display some Road Bikes from each year of production. It was at this point that numbers became critical. Whilst I have agreed with Paul Phillips that we can have a marquee, provided by Government, at the rear of the TT Grandstand, we are limited by size. As a result, only a very small number of bikes were required. If we had put a request out to the membership for bikes I am sure we would have been inundated. How would we then choose which bikes to display, and more importantly, how do you tell someone we don’t want your bike. With regard to the Parade Lap. I was informed that only machines that had been displayed could be ridden.

We have a new PRO, please don’t blame Roy for not getting the information out to you. He was governed by the situation outlined above. He did put the information out as soon as was practicable.

I apologise to all the membership who were disappointed not to hear about the event via the club and as to the way the machines were selected. The club and myself as the Isle of Man side of things only want one thing. To make this event a brilliant celebration of our Triples. Please help us achieve that aim and support us in our endeavour’s.

Any questions you wish to raise please contact me by email ibradshaw@manx.net

Look forward to seeing you on the island in August.

Ian Bradshaw.

David Lord
    David Lord
    Keymaster

Thanks for the explanation Ian. I’m sure it will be a fantastic occasion that many members will enjoy!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.