Upcoming Events
Nov
Sat
1:00 pm 2017 AGM @ Marston Farm Hotel
2017 AGM @ Marston Farm Hotel
Nov 11 @ 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
This year’s AGM event will be held on Saturday 11th November 2017 at the Marston Farm Hotel, starting at 1pm prompt with a break in the middle for refreshments. For those that want to stay[...]
Latest Ads
  • There are currently no Ads to show.
Facebook
"

Historic vehicle status/fitting black silver plates

Home Forums Main Forum Historic vehicle status/fitting black silver plates

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Gary Westwater 6 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Anonymous

My T160 was first registered 01/08/75 in the UK and has historic vehicle status. I phoned DVLA to see if I am allowed to use a black and silver number plate and what the rules are about minimum plate and letter sizes and was given conflicting information that left me unclear on what I am permitted to display. What I definitel know is that with effect from April 2016,  vehicles manufactured pre – 01/01/76 can display older plates. Does anyone know what the minimum plate and letter sizes have to be and is there a TR3OC recommended supplier? Thanks, Pete

Don Gray
    Don Gray
    Participant

Hi Pete

There was something posted on here about a discount negotiated with Jepsons a little while ago. I had a look at their website & chose a nice pressed ally type with the appropriate sized letters & a border. Their service was nice n friendly n quick too. They don’t sell illegal show only plates. Recommended. I think mine cost about £25. Looks great on the bike! Cheers Don.

Anonymous

Thanks Don, I’ll contact them.

Gary Westwater
    Participant

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.