Upcoming Events
Aug
Sat
all-day 11th World’s Smallest Triple Meet
11th World’s Smallest Triple Meet
Aug 5 all-day
The 11th WSTM is starting from the meeting point coffee/restaurant Rantakelo about 2miles before Palkane on the side of road no. 11 at 12.06 o’ clock. About 150 miles ride on interesting small roads and interesting[...]
Aug
Fri
all-day GTR 11 – German Triple Run
GTR 11 – German Triple Run
Aug 18 – Aug 20 all-day
The 11th German Triple Run will take place in Weichselbaum by Weßling from 18th to 20th August. This is close to the exit Oberpfaffenhofen on the München to Lindau autobahn A96. As usual there will[...]
Latest Ads
  • There are currently no Ads to show.
Facebook
"

Historic vehicle status/fitting black silver plates

Home Forums Main Forum Historic vehicle status/fitting black silver plates

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Gary Westwater 4 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

My T160 was first registered 01/08/75 in the UK and has historic vehicle status. I phoned DVLA to see if I am allowed to use a black and silver number plate and what the rules are about minimum plate and letter sizes and was given conflicting information that left me unclear on what I am permitted to display. What I definitel know is that with effect from April 2016,  vehicles manufactured pre – 01/01/76 can display older plates. Does anyone know what the minimum plate and letter sizes have to be and is there a TR3OC recommended supplier? Thanks, Pete

Don Gray
    Don Gray
    Participant

Hi Pete

There was something posted on here about a discount negotiated with Jepsons a little while ago. I had a look at their website & chose a nice pressed ally type with the appropriate sized letters & a border. Their service was nice n friendly n quick too. They don’t sell illegal show only plates. Recommended. I think mine cost about £25. Looks great on the bike! Cheers Don.

Anonymous

Thanks Don, I’ll contact them.

Gary Westwater
    Participant

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.