Upcoming Events
Aug
Sat
all-day 11th World’s Smallest Triple Meet
11th World’s Smallest Triple Meet
Aug 5 all-day
The 11th WSTM is starting from the meeting point coffee/restaurant Rantakelo about 2miles before Palkane on the side of road no. 11 at 12.06 o’ clock. About 150 miles ride on interesting small roads and interesting[...]
Aug
Fri
all-day GTR 11 – German Triple Run
GTR 11 – German Triple Run
Aug 18 – Aug 20 all-day
The 11th German Triple Run will take place in Weichselbaum by Weßling from 18th to 20th August. This is close to the exit Oberpfaffenhofen on the München to Lindau autobahn A96. As usual there will[...]
Latest Ads
  • There are currently no Ads to show.
Facebook
"

gear selection

Home Forums Main Forum gear selection

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  andrew peterson 1 week, 6 days ago.

• Author

andrew peterson
    Participant

Hi all

I am having problems selecting gears on my T160, when I re fit the quadrant in the primary case I can get first gear but not 2nd to 5th, if I move the quadrant one tooth then I cant get first but 2nd to fifth is ok. If I try with a spanner on the gearbox side then all is ok, there seems to be quite a lot of play on the quadrant before the crossover shaft moves, has anyone come across a similar problem and any remedies ?.

Thanks

Andy

MARTIN RAWSON
    Participant

Check your indexing ie you should see the top edge of quadrant in the viewing window when refitting primary cover.

It has bee known for the hole in the quadrant to open a bit and cause slack between this part and shaft. Cure is to replace quadrant or weld up parts.

andrew peterson
      Participant

Thanks Martin it does seem like the quadrant is a slack fit I will replace it

David Lord
    David Lord
    Keymaster

I had trouble with the cross shaft and its quadrant on the primary side.  The end of the cross shaft can round off a bit and cause a sloppy fit that introduces a lot of play.  I think you need to take off the primary cover and check where the slack is.

andrew peterson
      Participant

Hi David
      the quadrant looks sloppy when cover is off, I will replace it

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.