Upcoming Events
Jun
Sat
all-day Coventry Motofest
Coventry Motofest
Jun 2 – Jun 3 all-day
Coventry Motofest
MotoFest Coventry 2018 Motofest Coventry is to stage time trialling at this year’s event, giving the go-ahead for the return of competitive motorsport to a UK city centre for the first time in almost 30[...]
all-day Thruxton Circuit 50th Anniversar... @ Thruxton Circuit
Thruxton Circuit 50th Anniversar... @ Thruxton Circuit
Jun 2 – Jun 3 all-day
Thruxton 50th Anniversary Celebration from £12.00 Saturday 2 June 2018 – Sunday 3 June 2018   2018 sees Thruxton celebrate its 50th anniversary. To mark the occasion, a two-day event will celebrate everything Thruxton, with[...]
Jun
Sat
10:00 am Bob McIntyre Classic @ East Fortune
Bob McIntyre Classic @ East Fortune
Jun 16 @ 10:00 am – Jun 17 @ 4:00 pm
Bob McIntyre Classic @ East Fortune | East Fortune | Scotland | United Kingdom
The Bob McIntyre Memorial Classic Races Weekend 16th & 17th June 2018 Following the success of the Club’s first “Bob Mac” weekend last year (Triple Echo 229), members are invited to join us for another weekend of[...]
Facebook
"

Engine Balance

Home Forums TR3OC Members Forum Engine Balance

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bob moore 5 days, 13 hours ago.

• Author

bob moore
    Participant

Any one know what balance factor should be used on a triple engine , I had my R3 engine  balanced and  locally and the bike seems to vibrate , I haven’t been game to go much above 5000 rpm because it seems quite harsh , I  had a t160 many years ago and you could rev it to 8000  with no  harshness

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Lord
    David Lord
    Keymaster

Bob, I believe the figure is 42% but there are a number of other possible causes of vibration. Most notabley the clutch and shock absorber assembly, but also carb balance, engine mountings, even ignition problems depending on what type you are using.

David

bob moore
      Participant

I am using Trispark  ignition , I haven’t balanced the clutch but spent a lot of time indexing the clutch to get lowest runout of the clutch basket , carbs are new amal premiers  , according to job sheet it looks like the balance factor they used is 50%  I don’t know how much difference it would make , perhaps someone that  has done  balance jobs might know , the whole balance thing seems a bit  thin  for triples

I will  go over the carbs ignition and mounts and see if that helps

Bob

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.