Upcoming Events
Aug
Sat
all-day 11th World’s Smallest Triple Meet
11th World’s Smallest Triple Meet
Aug 5 all-day
The 11th WSTM is starting from the meeting point coffee/restaurant Rantakelo about 2miles before Palkane on the side of road no. 11 at 12.06 o’ clock. About 150 miles ride on interesting small roads and interesting[...]
Aug
Fri
all-day GTR 11 – German Triple Run
GTR 11 – German Triple Run
Aug 18 – Aug 20 all-day
The 11th German Triple Run will take place in Weichselbaum by Weßling from 18th to 20th August. This is close to the exit Oberpfaffenhofen on the München to Lindau autobahn A96. As usual there will[...]
Latest Ads
  • There are currently no Ads to show.
Facebook
"

Correct size battery for t160

Home Forums Main Forum Correct size battery for t160

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Kevin Bain Kevin Bain 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author
    Kevin Bain
    Kevin Bain
    Participant

Hi all, restoring t160 and bought a new battery CB-16, turns out i can barely squeeze side panel on due to battery’s hieght, was the recommended 1 on-line and in local shop  (Westgate ) Newcastle. .can anyone put me right

David Lord
    David Lord
    Keymaster

When I had a T160 I measured the space available, being very careful to allow clearance for the side panel screw, and then trawled manufacturers data to find the biggest battery that would fit.  I can’t know remember what battery I fitted but if all else fails you could use this approach.  Maybe someone else will come along with more recent experience and give you a battery model number.

David Lord
    David Lord
    Keymaster

Here’s an old thread on the topic.  https://www.tr3oc.com/forums/topic/t160-battery-2/

It’s always worth trying the Search function!

Kevin Bain
      Kevin Bain
      Participant

Thanks for your help dave, checked out the old thread and there’s dimensions and brands  in there so I’ll be looking into those,hopefully get sorted, will let you know how I get on

Kevin Bain
        Kevin Bain
        Participant

I’ve purchased a motobatt MBTX 12U battery, it fits with lots of space left and has enough kick, used starter to fire up a few times  and it  seems to be fine, thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.