Upcoming Events
Jan
Sat
9:00 am Newark – CAROLE NASH CLASSIC BIK... @ Newark Showground
Newark – CAROLE NASH CLASSIC BIK... @ Newark Showground
Jan 6 @ 9:00 am – Jan 7 @ 5:00 pm
A kick-start to the new classic motorcycling year, the Carole Nash Classic Bike Guide Winter Classic returns to offer enthusiasts a chance to stock up ahead of a new riding season. Hundreds of trade stands[...]
Feb
Sat
10:00 am 38th Carole Nash Bristol Classic... @ Bath &West Showground
38th Carole Nash Bristol Classic... @ Bath &West Showground
Feb 3 @ 10:00 am – Feb 4 @ 5:00 pm
The Royal Bath & West in Shepton Mallet, Somerset, is the venue for the traditional Carole Nash Bristol Classic MotorCycle Show – an event that many deem as their favourite of the year. With a friendly atmosphere,[...]
Feb
Sun
9:00 am Cogenhoe Swap Meet @ Cogenhoe Village Hall
Cogenhoe Swap Meet @ Cogenhoe Village Hall
Feb 25 @ 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
The annual TR3OC swap meet where you can buy and sell triple parts.
Facebook
"

Correct size battery for t160

Home Forums Main Forum Correct size battery for t160

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Kevin Bain Kevin Bain 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Kevin Bain
    Kevin Bain
    Participant

Hi all, restoring t160 and bought a new battery CB-16, turns out i can barely squeeze side panel on due to battery’s hieght, was the recommended 1 on-line and in local shop  (Westgate ) Newcastle. .can anyone put me right

David Lord
    David Lord
    Keymaster

When I had a T160 I measured the space available, being very careful to allow clearance for the side panel screw, and then trawled manufacturers data to find the biggest battery that would fit.  I can’t know remember what battery I fitted but if all else fails you could use this approach.  Maybe someone else will come along with more recent experience and give you a battery model number.

David Lord
    David Lord
    Keymaster

Here’s an old thread on the topic.  https://www.tr3oc.com/forums/topic/t160-battery-2/

It’s always worth trying the Search function!

Kevin Bain
      Kevin Bain
      Participant

Thanks for your help dave, checked out the old thread and there’s dimensions and brands  in there so I’ll be looking into those,hopefully get sorted, will let you know how I get on

Kevin Bain
        Kevin Bain
        Participant

I’ve purchased a motobatt MBTX 12U battery, it fits with lots of space left and has enough kick, used starter to fire up a few times  and it  seems to be fine, thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.